Hair loss is one of the most serious and actual problems that woman face. Since there are many reasons for hair loss in women and hair transplantation is a medical procedure, it is worth preparing for it in advance.
This is the list of analysis that women should do before hair transplantation:
1. Determination of the level of thyroid hormones (TSH, free T4, AT to TPO);
2. Complete blood count with leukoformula (CBC);
3. Analysis for latent iron deficiency (ferritin, serum iron, TIBS) and 25-OH-vitamin D.
Additional anazysis for hair loss:
1. Biochemical blood test: ALT, AST, GGT, SHB, bilirubin, glucose, alpha-amylase, urea, creatinine, protein, albumin;
2. Additional tests for hormones: free T3, antibodies to thyroglobulin, cortisol;
3. Tests for sex hormones:
in women – estradiol, testosterone, DHEA-S, DHT, LH, FSH, 17-OP, progesterone, prolactin.
4. Ultrasound of the thyroid gland.
5. Consultation of an endocrinologist and / or gynecologist.